Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Love the ugly....

I love getting or finding pieces of furniture that are broken,ugly,discarded and heading to the tip... And turning them into something that is useful,beautiful and safe from the tip for another 20 plus years..

So I thought I would show you a few of the pieces I have done over the last couple of years..















As you can see. Some, I have before and after pictures but sometimes I forget, like the last one to take the before..
I have to tell you though I love doing this...My dream is to one day have a barn where I can work on these lovelies ..But for the moment my craftroom, backyard, basement will have to do..
Have a great day..

2 comments:

  1. Kelly: Hello!! We're your neighbors from across the street in Roseville. We found out you moved after you left so we didn't get a chance to say goodbye :( Sounds like you're still adjusting to SF - Glad to see you're still doing furniture, as you have such a gift in that area!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark..LOL yes the move happened quite quick..Andy got a promotion and it was in SF..Everything happened so quick Lee came back from Afgan, it was xmas and we had to move...But I do come back often as our daughter is renting our house so I am sure I will see you soon..
    And thank you for the compliment..I love doing these pieces and saving them from the scrap heap..Take care
    K.

    ReplyDelete